- Set up the apparatus as shown the diagram.
- Make note of all measurements: current (A), potential difference (V), mass (kg).
- Use the electronic balance to measure the mass of your
- Record the initial temperature of you block.
- Switch on the heater and start your stopwatch.
[You will now leave the heater on for 10 minutes]
- While the heater is switched on take readings from the
Ammeter and the Voltmeter.
- Use these to calculate the Thermal Energy that will be
supplied to the block in 10 minutes
- Record the temperature of your block after 10 minutes.
- Calculate the Change in Temperature